Sunday, April 29, 2012

Caribbean Night and Jamnesty

Hi guys, so this past weekend SAC had two really great events – Caribbean Night and Jamnesty.
 
Unfortunately, I have not been feeling all that great this weekend. I woke up on Friday feeling a cold coming on and then some point on Saturday I lost my voice completely! I was able to make it to Caribbean Night, which was a HUGE hit. 250 students piled into our Student Union to enjoy Caribbean beats and treats! There was a buffet of diverse foods, my favorite being the "tres leche cake." I have had it before from a bakery back home in Pittsburgh, but this one was made with some authentic spices and was out of this world delicious!

I did not make it to Jamnesty, but it was another success. It was part of Amnesty International and the local Erie rock band, The Romantic Era played. If you read a few of my previous posts, you will see that they are a regular for SAC programming.

This weekend is the biggest event that SAC and MSG have to offer, Spring Fest. Co-planner Shannon Kissel and I have been working very hard since early December hammering out all of the details that it will entail. I can't wait to share all the details with you, but for now, I really need my rest to be ready for this week of Spring Fest to come.

Pray that I have my voice back by tomorrow and that I'm feeling better!

No comments:

Post a Comment