Sunday, September 23, 2012

Hurst Homecoming

Hello and Happy Homecoming Weekend!

Homecoming Facebook cover from MU's page
Homecoming and Family weekend here at the 'Hurst is coming to an end tonight. It has been a great week of alumni and Mercyhurst Laker spirit. Homecoming Weekend at Mercyhurst is often called Hurst Fest. Some of the things that went on include: a golf outing, athletic alumni sporting events, Friday Night Lights, bingo, 5K race, tailgates, performances, Hurst Fest activities (inflatables, photo booth, food, and fun), and of course the homecoming football game and crowning of the 2012 Homecoming King and Queen.

Since I am the MSG Event Coordinator, like I've mentioned in other posts, a chunk of homecoming festivities were my responsibility. All homecoming nominations, family activities, and crowning of the king and queen fell on my to do list. This year we had record breaking nominations for king and queen, which is outstanding! It makes me happy that so many people wanted to participate in such a rich MU tradition. This year our homecoming King was Adam Ferrari and Queen Kaleigh Hubert.

2012 Mercyhurst University Homecoming Court, and returning 2011 King and Queen on left
Following the game MSG and SAC held all of the Hurst Fest activities. This year we had an obstacle course bounce house, caramel apples, cider, hot chocolate, cotton candy, popcorn, donuts, tshirts, raffles, photo booths, a huge petting zoo, and the big yellow Food Truck from our dining services.


Though the weather was pretty crappy for most of the day, it did clear up in small patches. Our football team also won against Slippery Rock which made for a great homecoming weekend.

I would also rewind to last Monday, I told you MTV's Andrew Jenks would be speaking at Mercyhurst as a part of MSG's Distinguished Speaker Series. I just wanted to make mention that he was great and we had about 200 kids come out. It's kind of cool that I can say I had a celebrity in my car! I had to bring him to and from his hotel to campus. Students seem to really like him and loved the meet and greet after his presentation. His next season premiers November 12th on MTV!

Another great pic off of MU's Facebook page
So that is all I have for this week! I have a paper to write and some homework to finish.

Have a wonderful week everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment