Sunday, February 17, 2013

Wine Sampling

Hello everybody,

It's been a busy ending two weeks at the 'Hurst. We are closing in on the term and entering into finals tomorrow. I'm sorry I wasn't able to blog last week, a few of my end of term projects with my classmates took over and we wanted to make sure that all of our i's were dotted and t's were crossed.

Since I last posted, the Mercyhurst Student Government had its annual wine tasting. It was a blast, we had Kevin, from the Quincy Cellars in New York at the tasting. He brought 12 wines from both of his wineries for the Mercyhurst Students to sample. Along with the wine, we had different cheeses, crackers and fruit to go with our sampling. It was a great night and I think the students really learned a lot about the process of wine and how to responsibly drink in social settings. 

Also, this past week, MSG held a "Finances 101" seminar to help seniors, and other interested students in how to approach organizing their banking once they leave the 'Hurst. MSG paired with PNC Bank and taught students the basics of credit, how to build it, keep track and about the "dos and don'ts" of student loans.

This week we are going into finals, and not many more events are happening for this term. But as always, I'll keep you posted as interesting things re happening at the 'Hurst!

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment