Sunday, October 7, 2012

Fall Break

Hello,

My beautiful city
This week was a short one at Mercyhurst. After classes came to an end on Wednesday, we went on Fall Break. Normal classes will start back up again on Tuesday. This was a much needed break, and I enjoyed mine at home in Pittsburgh, Pa.

While in Pittsburgh I enjoyed some shopping in the city and at the outlets. And it just isn't a trip to the 'Burgh unless you make a stop at one of the many best restaurants. If you've never experienced a Primanti sandwich at the original "dahntahn" (downtown) location on The Strip, you don't know what you're missing. Also, if you're ever in the area for breakfast, Pamela's Diner has some of the best morning meals. Even President Obama has special ordered her crepe pancakes to the White House. 

Another favorite of mine from good ol' Pittsburgh, Pa. is Soergel's Farm. I love honey crisp apples and they grow the best! There's lots to do at the farm besides buying apples and this time of year, it's always crowded with Pittsburghers getting ready for Halloween and Thanksgiving.

Well, as I finish up this week's post, I have to admit, I'm watching the Steelers game. The score is 13-7 Pittsburgh, we're playing the Eagles.

I make my trip back to Erie tomorrow afternoon, but for the rest of my time at home I'm going to enjoy the Steelers and my family.

Thanks for reading!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment