Sunday, October 14, 2012

Marketing, MSG, and More!

Hello!

Example of a board on MU's Pinterest
So this past week at the 'Hurst flew by. Not much was going on events wise, but it sure did fly.

I've been busy at my internship. I intern in the Marketing and PR Department here at Mercyhurst. So far, I love it and I'm sad that I'm almost done. As the intern, I help with the university's social medias. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest are all applications that our marketing team utilizes to reach out. It's really cool that they let me have so much freedom to bring up new ideas and to run with them. And it's pretty cool that I get to tweet, sit on Facebook, and pin as a part of my internship! This all makes me so excited to enter the "real world" of marketing after graduation.

Other than classes and interning daily, MSG (Mercyhurst Student Government) for you first time readers) has been busy preparing for our Fall Retreat. We had an awesome speaker come in to talk to us about resetting goals, and how to achieve them realistically. I think both Senate and the Executive Board, as well as the Student Activities Council are all pumped to run full force for the rest of the year.

Patrick Keane
Speaking of the Student Activities Council (SAC), they had the hilarious comedian Patrick Keane on Friday night followed by The Hunger Games Saturday night. My favorite events are comedians and movies because you just have to sit back, relax, and enjoy the show... And that I can go in yoga pants and not feel guilty!

Also this past Saturday was the University's first fall open house. I gave tours to some wonderful families. If you're interested in visiting the 'Hurst, call for an individual tour (814-824-2202)... you can even request me, Jenna D! Or go online here to register for our next open house on Saturday, November 10th.

This is an ad created by the Marketing and PR Department where I intern!
Wow... I guess a lot did happen this past week!
Upcoming MSG bingo event

In this upcoming week MSG has its first Forum coming up. This one is entitled "The Good, The Bad, The Ugly." We are basically opening up to the student body to answer any questions they may have about student government, upcoming events, or procedures. Hopefully we have a great turn out, and give out some much needed answers to students who need them. 

Next weekend, MSG will be hosting a Vera Bradley Bingo to help the Women's Lacrosse team fund raise and a late night breakfast event, catered by an Erie exclusive The Breakfast Place. It's absolutely delicious and if you are ever in the area, I recommend you check it out... no matter what time of day it is!

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment